Many are interested in how to get rid of dandfruff fast, especially if there is an important meeting or a public appearance just around the corner. For many, dark colored shirts or sweaters are not a part of his or her wardrobe because of persistent dandruff. For dandruff sufferers, there can be the feeling that people are staring which can be a very uncomfortable situation. No matter how often you wash your hair, dandruff still seems to make its way back into the hair and scalp. All they want to know is how to get rid of dandruff fast. There are a number of products on the market that claim to be the best solution to address issues on how to remove dandruff. Before spending great sums of monies on products that may prove ineffective, it is important to take the time to determine how to get rid of dandruff fast and what may be the best solution for you.
Ways to get rid of dandruff fast
- Medicated Shampoo – How to get rid of dandruff fast depends on how serious your dandruff issue is. It may be necessary for you to use a medicated shampoo. There are several on the market to choose from. Your dermatologist or physician may help to answer how to remove dandruff and be helpful in selecting the right shampoo to meet your needs.
- Shampoo often – Shampoo as often as you need to in an effort to remove the dandruff out of your scalp. For those who wash their hair on a daily basis, it is important to use a good conditioner that will help to maintain the ph balance in the hair. Healthy hair is the best answer to question of how to remove dandruff.
- Agitate while you shampoo – After you apply your shampoo to the hair, work up a lather and let it sit for approximately 10 minutes, gently agitate the scalp. Scratch your entire scalp and rinse. You should repeat this step 2 to 3 times. Scratching the scalp while you wash is a good way to lift the dandruff and wash it out.
- Yogurt – Household products can be an answer to how to remove dandruff. Yogurt and mayonnaise are both excellent conditioners. Apply a generous amount of either to your scalp after you wash. Let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse. Your scalp should be well hydrated and you should have little to no dandruff.
- Vinegar – Vinegar used as a final rinse is believed to remove dead cells from the scalp. Mixing vinegar and warm water half and half and massaging it into the scalp for approximately 10 minutes before rinsing is an ideal way to get rid of dandruff fast. This easily available and inexpensive product can help with how to get rid of dandruff fast. The only disadvantage to the use of vinegar is that your hair will smell like vinegar until your next shampoo.
- Eliminate Products – Get rid of all gels, mousses and hairsprays as most of them have alcohol which is not the healthiest option for your scalp and hair if you already have an issue with dandruff. Eliminating these products and washing and conditioning frequently should help with the removal of dandruff.
- Massage – Massaging the scalp will stimulate the blood vessels and help eliminate some of the dryness you may be experiencing.
- Drink Water – Drink at least eight 8 ounce glasses of water per day and you will notice that your scalp is not so dry. Water is the main source of hydration to the body and aids in getting rid of dandruff fast.
Taking advantage of these kinds of readily accessible tools may not be the fastest way to get rid of dandruff for you, but for some individuals it does the work of eliminating dandruff.