Woman with healthy hair
After periods of stress, you may want to implement a few natural healthy hair tips so that the quality of your hair does not deteriorate. If you have been sick, pregnant, or working too much, you may even experience hair loss. The explanation for this is that your body prioritize the most important organs, and is therefore reducing nutrients to the “less important” parts of the body, including the formation of hair and nails.
The only part that is alive when it comes to your hair, and gets all the nutrients, is your hair root. So, to improve your hair quality, the nutrients must reach through the thin capillaries of the scalp. Below are natural home remedies that will nurture your scalp and improve your hair quality.
6 Natural tips for healthy hair growth
- Beer – Great quick fix for dull and dry hair. The protein in beer fills any space between the damaged areas and adds body to the hair. Add three tablespoons of beer in half a cup of warm water. Apply the mix after washing your hair. Leave it in for a few minutes and then rinse.
- Mayonnaise – Provides moisture, shine and hair repair. Use as deep-conditioner (masque). Apply warm water to make your hair damp. Coat with mayonnaise. Tips: Mix vanilla extract with the mayonnaise to improve the smell. Cover with a shower cap. Wait for 30 minutes and then rinse. Shampoo your hair a couple of times to make sure that the mayonnaise is washed off completely.
- Olive oil – Repairs and hydrates damaged and dry hair. Olive oil also invigorates and moisturizes your scalp, reducing the appearance of dandruff. Heat a half cup of olive oil (do not boil) and massage it into the hair. Cover with a plastic bag and wrap a towel around your head. Wait for 45 minutes. Shampoo and rinse thoroughly (a couple of times).
- Tea – Provides body, bounce and shine to dull hair. Green tea is said to stimulate hair growth, and black tea is said to reduce breakage. Tea can also be used as a natural hair dye. Pour the cooled tea on hair. Wait for 10 minutes. Shampoo and condition your hair. Remember, no sugar to your tea.
- Vinegar – Makes your hair shiny and silky, removes product buildup, rebalanced hair and scalp PH. It is also great for treating dandruff and hair loss. Mix 50/50 vinegar/warm water and apply the rinse after shampooing. Leave the vinegar mix for a minute and then rinse it all out.
- Eggs – Nourishes and strengthens the hair, making it smooth and shiny. Eggs are rich in proteins and it is said that eggs can help with hair growth. Mix 1 egg yolk, 1 cup yogurt, 1 tsp lemon juice and apply it on the hair. Leave it for 30 minutes. Then rinse with cold water (warm water curdles the egg and it sticks to the hair). Shampoo your hair and rinse it again.
Try some of the natural ways to get healthy hair and you will likely see improvement. These tips for healthy hair work for both men and women.