Oily skin is just one of the many things that a large number of people have to deal with. Ofttimes, regardless of what oily skin sufferers try to address this situation, they still find their skin has a glow all its own. There are a number of causes for this oily skin such as, changes in hormone levels, particularly those changes that happen during teen years and early 20’s. Women generally have more of an issue with oily skin than men; however, for anyone suffering with this condition, it can be unpleasant, which is why there are such large number of home remedies for oily skin available.
Some common causes for oily skin include:
- Unclean hair: The oils from your hair will usually show up on your face.
- Use of products that are not made for oily skin: There are products that are made for individual skin types and using the wrong one can make the problem worse.
- Changes in hormones: This will change your entire body so some of the changes are sure to show in your skin.
- Pregnancy: The body is changing in so many ways and a lot of women who normally have dry skin will notice oily skin during their pregnancy.
- Menopause: This causes hormones to be out of balance thus potentially causing a change in skin condition.
- Menstrual cycle: There may be some changes in skin type just before and during a woman’s menstrual cycle.
There are a number of cleansers and other products on the market that boast of being able to reduce oily skin. However, there are home remedies for oily skin that have proven just as effective. Numerous oily skin home remedies have been passed on through generations and one has to choose it accordingly to personal suitability.
Here are seven oily skin home remedies that you may consider trying:
- Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water daily will help to keep your skin hydrated but not oily. This is the most effortless of all home remedies for oily skin.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda to your liquid soap. Cleanse the skin thoroughly and rinse with cool water. The baking soda will soak up some of the oils in the skin.
- One of relaxing oily skin home remedies is to mix equal parts of cucumber and limejuice, rub gently into the skin and rinse.
- Make an egg mask by beating an egg yolk. Apply to your face and let it dry until your face starts to feel tight. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Dab a small amount of toothpaste on the oily areas of your face and leave on overnight. Try this as for all oily skin home remedies until you notice improvement. Toothpaste is a great drying agent for your skin without dehydrating the skin.
- Oily skin home remedies also calls for cleansing the body from inside. Cut down on fried foods in your diet as they produce oil in the skin. Managing your diet well is key to healthy less oily skin.
- Squeeze lemon juice in a bowl of iced water and then splash this over the face, massage for five minutes and then wash off with water.
Hopefully you will find these home remedies for oily skin to not only be simple but cost effective as well. If however oily skin persists, you may want to consult a dermatologist who will offer additional options to address this situation.