Maintaining healthy hair is an important element of good hygiene, and there are a few steps that you can follow to have a great hair care routine. Although it may seem overwhelming to spend time on your hair each day, great hair care can be easy if you put together a plan and form good habits.
Here are 10 tips to help you have great hair care:
- Don’t damage your hair by applying too much heat or too many chemicals. Curling irons, blow dryers, and overusing products can cause dry, brittle hair and prevent you from having a great hair care routine.
- Read the label for hair products, and use hair color and relaxers sparingly. Some products have fewer chemicals than others, and they may promote better hair health.
- Summertime can cause quite a bit of wear and tear on your hair. Avoid spending too much time in the sun, because the UV rays can remove natural moisture and oils.
- Chlorine from the swimming pool can be damaging, always rinse and wash your hair immediately after swimming.
- If you swim often, you may consider wearing a swim cap to prevent the chlorine from getting to your hair. Or, apply conditioner to the ends of your hair right before swimming.
- Surprisingly, good health on the inside can promote healthy hair. So, if you want great hair care then it is important to follow a healthy diet and avoid harmful substances such as smoking and alcohol.
- Removing knots can damage and break hair follicles, be gentle as you are brushing your hair. Wet hair is especially prone to breakage and damage. Use a leave in conditioner or detangling product on wet hair to prevent damage when brushing out knots.
- Use a brush or comb with wide bristles, if the bristles are close together the hair is more susceptible to being damaged.
- If you have split ends, don’t pick at them or pull them apart. A great hair care routine should include regular hair cuts in order to clean up the split ends. Also, decreasing the heat applied to your hair will decrease the amount of split ends that occur.
- Be happy with your natural hair. Too many women want to change their hair to be something else, and many times they can severely damage their hair in the process. Hair dyes, perms, relaxers, etc. can all be counterproductive to great hair care.
Following a few simple steps each day can help you to have healthy, beautiful hair. It doesn’t take a lot of work, you simply need to be proactive about your routines and be aware of the practices that can keep your hair healthy and strong.