Find More Info:
Popular Food Pyramids:
MyPlate and Healthy Eating Habits – Learn it the FUN WAY!
On this page you will find online games and other interesting stuff that will teach you how to make healthy food choices. Some of the online games have been created by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Dairy Council of California, and Nourish Interactive.
To all you kids!
- Breakfast: Always start your day with a healthy breakfast. It will give you energy to pay attention in class. Nutrition rich cereals and smoothies are great breakfast tips. Smoothies are very simple to make. Mix some fruits, yogurt and milk into a blender and enjoy your delicious tasting smoothie!
- Calcium: Since your body is growing, you need calcium for healthy bones. Choose low-fat milk, instead of soda or juice at meals. Make it yummy and grab a low-fat chocolate drink or a smoothie.
- Vegetables and Fruits: Fill half your plate with vegetables and fruits at each meal. Vegetables and fruits are packed with vitamins and minerals!
- Snack: You need energy throughout the whole day, so pack some healthy snacks in your backpack for school or after school activities. Bring fruits, vegetables, string cheese, some almond granola bars, or a pudding cup.
- Exercise: Move your body for 60 minutes everyday. Make it fun and enjoy different physical activities such as basketball, football, rollerblading, hula-hoop, jumping rope, dancing, aerobics, jogging, and walking!
Resources for kids – USDA
The USDA has come up with a fun online game called “BlastOffGame”, but also some neat coloring sheets of the plate model, MyPlate.
Resources for Kids – Dairy Council of California
Dairy Council of California has developed education programs and resources based on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, to help children eat healthier. It is solely funded by California’s dairy farmers and processors. Their mission is to educate consumers to make food choices for optimal health, and create materials for making balanced food choices, see below:
Resources for Kids – Nourish Interactive
NourishInteractive.com is a website created by nutrition and health care professionals that wants to give children and families resources to make healthy choices. It is predominantly funded by its founders. Their website is filled with innovative solutions that empower children to make healthy choices, see below:
Food Group Games
Chefs Solus Kids Online
Sandbox Tiny Tots Games
Solus Library Word Games
Solus Fun Farm Games