The hustle and bustle of everyday life can cause one to lose focus on the importance of taking the time to relax our mind, body, spirit and soul. Kudos to whoever came up with vacation and personal days. However, for many of us the availability of these very important days still are not sufficient enough to provide adequate rest, relaxation and recuperation. As we know all too well, work can put a lot of stress on a person. The key to staying mentally and physically healthy is learning the best ways to relax while at work and in the midst of all the chaos.
Here are 10 ways to guarantee a more relaxed “YOU” at work:
- Best of best ways to relax is to start your day with an uplifting and positive quote that you can refer to throughout your day. You can Google and get a new quote each day or you can sign up to different sites that will actually send a quote to your email or cell phone each morning.
- How can you possibly relax your mind, body, and spirit if your workspace is full of clutter? Relax your workplace by removing all unnecessary items and things you may not use on a daily basis. And remember a CLUTTER FREE workspace is a STRESS FREE workspace.
- Personalize your workspace with a few things that make your mind, body, spirit and soul happy.
- One of the best ways to relax may be to have a stress relief toy within arm’s reach on your desk. There are lots to choose from, the stress ball and bendables are very popular and can be found pretty much everywhere.
- There’s nothing like a few minutes of online gaming to help relax your mind, body, and spirit.
- There are great mood teas available. Even if you find yourself drinking 2-3 glasses a day it’s fine and you will notice a difference even after your work day is over.
- Deep Breathing exercises are sure to bring quick stress relief. Feeling tense evokes shallow breathing. This feeling can be reversed by taking a few deep breaths. Inhale deeply, then exhale slowly while keeping your mind focused on something or someplace good. This is surely one of best ways to relax and to keep your stress levels down when things get crazy at work. Remember, taking deep breaths throughout the day is better than taking short shallow breaths
- Break Time!!…..Take a short break when permitted and take a brisk and refreshing walk. Taking the opportunity to get out enjoy the fresh air will provide instantaneous relaxation.
- You can also take a break and listen to some soothing music such a falling rain or a water fall or even the instrumental version of your favorite song.
- For years researchers have shown how one of the best ways to relax the mind, body, spirit or soul is through meditation. Fortunately there are several mini-meditations that only take a few moments and require nothing more than inhaling, exhaling and counting (example: stop what you’re doing, close your eyes, inhale, exhale, count 1 to yourself- inhale, exhale, count 2 to yourself- inhale, exhale, count 3 to yourself)