For those of us that have ever gone through or are still going through a hormonal acne phase, we know all too well that scarring is a major issue. Some individuals can aggravate the acne situation by picking at the bumps, thereby causing additional scarring; while for others, scarring seems to occur without agitation. Some cases of scarring are more severe than others and knowing how to get rid of acne scars fast it is just as important as getting rid of the acne itself.
As with the differences associated with each individual case of hormonal acne, there will be various stages of scarring. Discoloration or dark spots, keloids, raised skin lesions and inverted areas in the skin are all different scar types resulting from acne. All these raise the common question of how to get rid of acne scars fast. In an effort to avoid permanent scarring, it is important to treat the area immediately following the initial acne breakout so the skin repair process is not delayed. Unfortunately, there will be times where no matter what precautionary measures are taken, there will still be post hormonal acne scarring to deal with. The scars will usually fade as time goes by as a result of the skin renewing itself. Although there will be some fading that occurs naturally, the scars will not completely disappear without additional treatments.
Ways to get rid of acne scars fast
- Drink plenty of water: Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day to flush your body of impurities.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Rubbing hydrogen peroxide on the scarred area daily will start to fade the darkened skin because of hormonal acne.
- Moisturize: Keep the scarred area well moisturized to prevent dryness. Dry skin can’t heal and may possibly lead to more scarring.
- Triple Antibiotic ointment: Apply at night to fade your scars. Be careful not to use too much as antibiotic ointments tend to make the skin extremely oily and although you want to keep the area well lubricated, too much oil can cause additional blockage of the pores resulting in more acne.
- Skin Bleaching: How to get rid of acne scars fast and conveniently can be understood through many prescription and non-prescription bleaching creams and lotions available. They will quickly fade the scarred areas. An ingredient to look for is hydroquinone, which in recent years requires a prescription. There are non-prescription products that have equivalent ingredients so you get the same result over a longer period of time. These products usually will cause the skin to become extremely dry so be sure to keep the area well moisturized.
- Collagen Fillers: Some individuals will notice indentations or in their face as a result of hormonal acne. Collagen fillers are a bit more invasive than most creams and lotions but will give the skin a more even texture.
- Use a Chemical Peel. For the more severe cases, an even more invasive option is a chemical peel to treat hormonal acne and scarring because of it. Chemical peels work by removing damaged layers of skin and serve as a quick answer to how to get rid of acne scars fast. Because this is a form of cosmetic surgery, there are risks that should be discussed with your physician.