For years, women and men alike have been trying to figure out the best way to rid their face and bodies of hormonal acne. More importantly, those who suffer want to know how to get rid of acne overnight. Our faces are our presentation to the world. As such, we want to present ourselves in the best possible way. In an attempt to make sure acne is not a factor when it comes to looking our best, there are some steps that can help answer how to get rid of acne overnight.
Unless there is an underlying issue that is causing acne, these steps should have your skin looking its best by tomorrow:
- To give the area affected with hormonal acne a chance to be rid of any redness or swelling overnight, acne should be treated in the course of the day so the skin can rest and heal overnight, which will aid in the skin being acne free the next day.
- Drink lots of water: Drink as much water as you can throughout the day. Be sure to substitute coffee, juice and soda with water. Remember the more water you drink, the better.
- Wash well: How to get rid of acne overnight when external factors affect you. Wash your face or any other area of your body that is experiencing an issue with acne with a good cleanser. Although you can’t always see it, a lot of impurities and dirt settles onto our face and body in the course of the day.
- Benzoyl Peroxide Application: Once the skin is clean and dry, apply a dab of 10 percent benzoyl peroxide directly onto the affected area. Benzoyl Peroxide will cause the area to be quite dry so use of a light, oil-free moisturizer is recommended.
- Add Vitamin C to your diet: Internal treatment through diet or supplement is vital in providing a complete answer to how to get rid of acne overnight. Vitamin C helps our bodies to heal so by adding it to our diets we are essentially treating our acne internally and externally.
- Detox: Lemon water or apple cider vinegar and water will work to cleanse the body of unhealthy toxins. These toxins tend to show up as breakouts on our skin when they are not properly eliminated.
- Sleep! You must let your body get the rest that it needs to heal. Hormonal acne may not be an injury that causes you pain but our bodies go through the normal healing process to get rid of acne.
- Watch your diet: Eat fruits and vegetables whenever possible and reduce or avoid eating fried foods as they are writhe with fats and oils that can have an adverse effect on the skin.
- Reduce caffeine intake: In order to know how to get rid of acne overnight we also need to watch what we drink. Avoid drinking coffee and soda, as the caffeine in these drinks can be problematic for the skin. In addition, caffeine also tends to leave you and your skin dehydrated.
- Don’t Stress! Try to keep your cool and focus on relaxing. Stress hormones can throw off the balance in your body making acne to break out.
There are times when it is necessary to consult a dermatologist to address issues with hormonal acne or to verify any other underlying issue. However, in most cases, following these simple guidelines may serve to greatly reduce hormonal acne outbreaks altogether. If you do have an outbreak, these tips can help to remediate the situation overnight.